1. Predesign (5-10% of fee): We conduct extensive building and site analysis and plan the process collaboratively with our clients. This phase includes budget, schedule and process planning, site surveys, existing facilities surveys, and code analysis.
2. Schematic Design (15-25% of fee): We collaboratively determine design direction, and move from sketches and models to developing the site plan, floor plans, key elevations and sections, 3D renderings, and a construction cost estimate.
3. Design Development (15-25%): We refine and develop the design — finalizing the size of rooms & spaces, refining the look of the project by selecting exterior and interior materials, and determining key systems.
4. Construction Documents (25-35% of fee): We prepare the technical written and graphic documents with all requirements for constructing the project and obtaining all government approvals.
5. Construction Procurement (2-10% of fee): We assist the the owner in the selection of a contractor to build the project, from bidding process through all negotiation to signed contract.
6. Construction Administration (10-20% of fee): We observe the construction of the project for general conformance to the construction documents. Assist the owner with contractor payment requests. Handle requests for changes during construction.
Project Management: When we take on a project, much of our time is spent on the less glamorous, but equally important administrative process. Project administrative services occur throughout all phases of the project and are included in the basic fee for services.